Friday, March 12, 2010

That's Life!!!

The purpose of this blog is to effectively document the various occurances that happen in the life of a subversive, beatnik xenophile. At some points in the future, the blogspot may appear to be dry or even mundane; however, each and every moment documented in this blog is one that has a certain bittersweet importance because it is moments like those that comprise the lives of people. Not just normal people, but people everywhere. Through these commonplace instances, we are all connected in a way that surpasses our own understanding. Unfortunately, some people refuse to broaden their intellectual spectrum and continue to fail to realize this. These people, regrettably mentioned as "the ignorant masses," will be frequently referenced in the future. So this is my attempt to document my life, and the life of others around me, so that others will finally be able to realize the importance of people. Here we go on this adventure through a lifetime.

"There's just stuff people do. It's all part of the same thing." -Grapes of Wrath

Sitting here with my fam at my mom's 51st b-day. Loveliness... :) Last night I had to pull an all-nighter to get some homework and crap done. I wake up and go to school only find that my "Reading is Sexy" bumper sticker (the one so amazingly purchased at The Reader's Corner in Raleigh) has been removed. One might ask, "Could it have fallen off?" Unfortunately, no. It was extremely adhesive and fairly new. "Well then, are you absolutely sure you put it on?" Unless I am going crazy, which most likely I am, I am sure that I placed it on my car with the distinct memory of justice, for this was no the first time the same bumper sticker was placed on my bumper. There is a certain group of rednecks at my school who have it in for me. They've been this way since middle school, and they've carried their juvenile nuances into high school, much to my dismay. The first time my property was defaced was when they carved into the sticker with a pen, engraving their ignorant ideas into my educated stand for all things learned. However, they lacked imagination in their senseless ridicule. I mean come on, writing "No it's not!" at the bottom is absolutely and irrevocably stupid. If I had my preference, I would MUCH rather be ridiculed in a clever, imaginative way as opposed to some punitive phrase comprised by ignoramuses. I had a friend to witness this and stand up for me, (futily, however, since they continued with their shenanigans) and I insisted that she turn them in. We both got busy, and in a matter of days, the pen marks wore off. But this nefarious caper returned one day when I observed that the sticker had been completely removed. Again, we got busy... nuff said. I went back to the store to purchase some books, and when I engaged in idle conversation with one of the owners (it's a relatively small store), I told him the story, and he gave me another one for free. He told me if I needed, I could get a bunch of bookworms to beat em up in the middle of the night. I got connections. :D So I stuck the sticker in the EXACT same same spot in defiance and mentally dared any of them to touch it. Well, I found out this morning that they did. I walked around my car in my parking spot this morning and observed the back of my car at the blank space where my sticker used to be. I stared. Since the parking spot beside me is a redneck mecca, some of them were there. I KNOW they saw me. I told my friend that we had to report it immediately. We went directly to the school police officer and recounted the story, and he said that he would get on it as soon as he could. The wheels of justice turn slowly, but they do turn indeed...

No comments:

Post a Comment